Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor
Desired skill set:
- Applicants should preferably have a Ph.D. in the relevant subject from renowned institutions.
- Should have sufficient experience in teaching, industry and research at renowned institutions.
- Should have research papers published in international/national journals.
- Should have published books and awarded grantees / who he is currently working for.
- Applicants with registered patents / consulting services will be given preferential consideration.
- Exposure in handling high quality funded projects will be an added benefit
PhD in physics
Areas of expertise:
- computational physics
- materials science
- Presentation in the classroom
- laboratory instructions
- Development Learning from resource materials and laboratory development
- Student Assessment & Evaluation including university exam work.
- Participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- To guide, advise and support students in their personal, ethical, moral and general character development
- Keeping up to date with new knowledge and skills, helping to generate new knowledge and supporting the dissemination of that knowledge through books, publications, seminars, handouts, etc.
- Continuing education activities Self-development through improvement of qualifications, experience and professional activities
- Research development activities and research consultancy
- Projects funded by industry
- Provision of consulting and testing services
- Promoting the interaction of industry – institution and R&D
Academic / Administrative:
- Academic and administrative direction of the institution
- policy planning, monitoring and evaluation and promotional activities; both at department level and at institute level
- Design and development of a new program.
- Preparation of projects for funding in the areas of R&D work, laboratory development, modernization, expansion, etc
- Administration at both departmental and institutional level
- Development, administration and management at institutional level
- Monitoring and evaluation of academic and research activities
- Participate in policy planning at regional/national level to develop technical education
- Assistance in mobilizing resources for the institution
- Development, update and maintenance of MIS
- Plan and implement personnel development measures, carry out performance reviews
- maintain accountability
- Extension / Industrial Connectivity
- Interaction with economy and society
- Participation in community services
- Providing R&D support and consulting services to industry and other user agencies
- Providing non-formal educational pathways for the benefit of the community
- Promotion of entrepreneurship and job rotation
- dissemination of knowledge
- Provision of technical support in areas of societal relevance
Apart from the above duties, any other relevant work assigned by the Dean of the relevant faculty.
Department: School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
Location: Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Published on: July 19, 2022
years of experience: 0 to 20 years