Bill Cosby & NBCUniversal Sued For Sexual Assault By 5 Women – Deadline

Detailing an alleged eerily familiar modus operandi on the part of the man formerly known as the “Father of America,” two peopleThe Cosby Show On Tuesday, two actresses and three other women sued Bill Cosby and NBCUniversal for sexual assault and battery in a New York state court.

“The plaintiffs were all assaulted, assaulted, and sexually abused by Bill Cosby as part of the same conduct, occurrence, plan, or scheme committed, executed, organized, and/or executed in New York and other states by Bill Cosby and his associates and associates,” the complaint filed by Lilly alleges. Bernard, Aiden Tyrrell, Joel Gittens, Jennifer Thompson and Cyndra Ladd, citing the imprisoned comedian repeatedly using his “huge power in an outrageous and horrific way”.

The 34-page filing, filed by attorneys Jordan Meerson and Jordan Rutzky in Empire State Superior Court, adds: “Over several decades, Bill Cosby engaged in serial sexual assault on dozens of women for his own sexual gratification while other defendants enabled and helped these sexual assaults to profit financially through her association with Bill Cosby.” (Read the complaint here).

And naming the media giant owned by Comcast, as well as Kaufman Astoria Studios and The Carsey-Werner Company as co-defendants for “negligence,” the lawsuit seeks a variety of unspecified damages.

Also Read :  Kevin Spacey Trial: New Sexual Assault Alleged by Witness in Court

“Defendants NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Kaufman Astoria Studios, Inc., and The Carsey-Werner Company, LLC are also guilty and liable because they knew and/or should have known that Bill Cosby was sexually abusing and/or assaulting women and / or beat them, including in their own workplaces, but did nothing to stop it,” the document says of companies involved in the production of The Cosby Showthat spanned from 1984 to 1992.

Contacted by Deadline, NBCU representatives said the company does not comment on legal matters. Suspension or not, all of the corporate defendants will likely move fairly quickly to try and extricate themselves from this sordid matter.

More than 60 women have alleged that Cosby drugged and assaulted them over decades with a similar mixture of pills and alcohol; The same is claimed by Bernard and Tyrrell and the other plaintiffs in this last matter.

Because the alleged assaults — some of which were previously publicized against the oft-accused Cosby — occurred decades ago, today’s action comes as a result of New York’s recently enacted Adult Survivors Act. Signed into law by Gov. Kathy Hochul in May and effective November 24, the law suspends the statute of limitations for certain sex crimes and allows plaintiffs one year to file claims — as was recently done in a rape case against Donald Trump.

Also Read :  10 best horror books to read this Halloween season

“This is an important step toward holding Bill Cosby and his associates accountable for their actions and finding a measure of justice for the women who harmed them,” Rutsky told Deadline in a statement today. “We are grateful to the plaintiffs in this lawsuit and other women in a similar situation for their courage in standing up to their abusers.”

As expected, a longtime Cosby spokesperson dismissed the matter.

“As we’ve always said, and now America can see, it’s not about getting justice for alleged sexual assault victims, it’s about money,” said Andrew White. We believe that the courts, as well as the Court of Public Opinion, will follow the rule of law and absolve Mr. Cosby of these alleged charges. Mr. Cosby continues to vigorously deny all allegations against him and looks forward to defending himself in court.”

Sentenced to up to 10 years in prison in 2018 by a Pennsylvania judge following a second trial for the rape of Andrea Constand, a former Temple University employee, the 85-year-old Cosby saw his conviction in June 2021. After a series of failed appeals and legal loophole maneuvers by the comedian And his ever-changing legal team A majority of seven Keystone State Supreme Court justices ruled last year that Montgomery County DA Bruce Castor’s decision not to prosecute Cosby in 2005 after investigating Constand’s original claim carries binding legal weight.

Also Read :  Everyday Carry: Space Suit | HiConsumption

Immediately after Cosby lost his sexually predatory moniker and broke free from prison, he cannot be retried on the same charges. On March 7 of this year, the US Supreme Court denied a request to review the case, as has now been petitioned by Montgomery D.A. Kevin Steele. This SCOTUS move effectively ended the Constand affair ruling out any new and wonderful circumstances.

In September, Cosby lost his bid for a retrial over Judy Huth’s accusation that the comedian sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion when the plaintiff was a minor in the 1970s. A Santa Monica jury returned its verdict on Huth in the long-running civil suit on June 21. The 12-person panel awarded Huth $500,000 in damages — money Cosby has refused to pay, thus far.



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.