For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to identify barriers to accessing healthcare and has ensured sustained improvements in healthcare for all.
The staff of this independent organization not only provide care and treatment, but also condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve the situation of population groups living in vulnerable situations.
MdM is currently working in 30 countries on all continents, where it focuses on 5 priority areas: Emergencies and Crises, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Harm Reduction, Migrants and Displaced Persons (Health Rights), Health and Environment.
MdM has been active in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programs provide comprehensive harm reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, and focus on the most vulnerable groups of drug users (Kachin State), sex workers and men who have sex with men (Yangon area). .
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Head Office Desk Manager, you will manage a number of locations within a specific region and ensure programs meet operational, administrative, financial, human, physical and organizational objectives by coordinating and leading a team. You lead a team of 5 expatriates and more than 150 national staff and 120 community workers.
Your main tasks are:
- Programming, planning and implementing activities according to the country strategy 2022-2024, coordinating the revision of the country strategy and strategic planning
- Encourage the identification of new partners at all levels, ensure that MdM activities are progressively handed over to partners or health authorities
- Representing MdM with investors, negotiating proposals for current and new contracts
- Ensure proper use of allocated funds, reporting to donors, annual budget preparation and review, and ensure adequate logistical, administrative and financial structures and procedures are maintained in accordance with MdM rules and donor policies will
- Define staffing needs according to operational needs, support coordinators in their role as managers and directly lead 5 coordinators
- Ensure technical support for the team by organizing trainings and workshops and use MdM resources by connecting with the technical department in the head office
- Representing MdM France at local, regional, national and international meetings and events
- Take responsibility for security management, update security policies, and provide ongoing monitoring and analysis of contextual geopolitical and security issues
- Monitor timely and high-quality proposals and report delivery to donors, submit mission coordination reports to headquarters
- Condition: employee
- Contract : Temporary contract
- Duration : 12 months
- Start date: November 1, 2022
- Based in Yangoon with regular field visits
- Gross monthly salary: 3,525 euros
- Bonus equal to one month’s salary paid in two installments – minimum 6 month tenure required
- Foreign bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transport costs, vaccines and visas covered
- housing benefit
- School fees/school fees (from 3 years)
- Subsistence allowance (per diem) for the accompanying person in the event of unemployment and half of the per diem per child
- 22.5 RTT (days off) per year
- 5 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (return transport…)
- Teleworking agreement for teleworking positions: 110 days/year (minimum 1 day per week on site)
- Given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Médecins du Monde encourages training and internal mobility
- Family posting possible
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduated at Masters level
- A background in healthcare or medicine is an advantage
- At least 5 years of coordination experience in a development/humanitarian context
- Previous experience of interventions related to human rights and/or HIV/harm reduction is appreciated
- Previous experience with Global Fund and/or USAID funds is a strong advantage
- Languages: English (written and oral) compulsory
- They adopt the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
PHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the position before the application deadline. MdM is committed to the integration of people with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JfvvBlDv?idpartenaire=128