The Apple® iPhone 14 was released in September 2022 with a number of new features. We have a new 14 Plus model, always-on display, new security features and camera upgrades. But how much will these updates cost you? Luckily, Apple has been pretty consistent when it comes to pricing its iPhones.
Depending on the model and specs you choose, you can expect to spend anywhere from $799 to $1599 for a new iPhone 14. If that price sounds a bit high, you can save by buying used or even go back to the iPhone 13. Let’s take a closer look at iPhone 14 pricing and what you get with each configuration.
How much does the iPhone 14 cost?
The iPhone 14 starts at $799, but there are many models to choose from. There are two standard models, the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 Plus, which are almost identical except for the screen size. Pro models include the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. These phones get a few extra features at a premium price.
Apple technically had a price increase for the iPhone 14 range, but not specific phone models. The iPhone 13 family originally started at $699 but featured the iPhone 13 mini, a smaller version of the standard iPhone 13. Apple phased out the mini in 2022 and replaced it with the iPhone 14 Plus. So while the Mini has created a more affordable entry-level price, the price for the standard iPhone model is still the same as last year.
All models also give you a choice of storage space. If you go for the highest storage option, you’ll be paying several hundred euros more than you would for a base 128GB model. Keep in mind that iPhones don’t have expandable storage like e.g. B. a slot for a microSD card. You can buy cloud storage, but it generally requires an internet connection and an ongoing subscription.
The iPhone 14 is the most affordable model, starting at $799 for 128GB of storage. It’s also available in 256GB and 512GB variants for $899 and $1099, respectively.
Although previous lineups offered a cheaper and smaller iPhone mini, the iPhone 14 ditched it in place of the iPhone 14 Plus, making the standard model the most budget-friendly version. It still has a pocket-friendly 6.1-inch display size.
iPhone 14 plus
The iPhone 14 Plus offers a very similar experience to the iPhone 14, only with a larger 6.7-inch screen and longer battery life. The 128GB model costs $899. The 256GB model costs $999, while the 512GB model costs $1,199.
iPhone 14 pro
Going for the Pro models will set you back at least $999, the base price for the 128GB iPhone 14 Pro. You get an additional 1TB storage option on this model, along with a major camera upgrade and a redesigned pill-shaped notch for the front camera system.
Other iPhone 14 Pro prices include:
- $1,099 for the 256GB model.
- $1,299 for the 512GB model.
- $1,499 for the 1TB model.
iPhone 14 pro max
Last but not least, iPhone 14 Pro max prices start at $1,099 for the base 128GB model. Like the 14 Plus, it has very similar specs to the iPhone 14 Pro, only with a larger 6.7-inch display.
Pro Max pricing for larger storage options includes:
- $1,199 for the 256GB model.
- $1,399 for the 512GB model.
- $1,599 for the 1TB model.
Which iPhone 14 should I buy?
With so many choices, choosing an iPhone can be difficult. Some things to consider when choosing which iPhone 14 to buy are:
- Size: Thankfully, there are only two sizes to choose from, with a 6.1-inch or 6.7-inch display. If you have an iPhone from the last few years, it’s probably pretty much the same size, and you can use that to gauge which size you prefer.
- Camera: Both phones offer you exceptional camera quality, but if you’re particularly into photography, you might want to opt for a Pro model. They’re especially helpful in low light and offer more optical zoom capabilities. Pro phones add night mode portraits, macro photography, and Apple ProRAW and ProRes shooting options.
- Storage: If you don’t store a lot of data on your phone or use the cloud, a 128GB model will probably be fine. If you have mountains of photos and videos it might be worth upgrading to get more storage, especially if you’re looking for the 1TB that’s only available on the Pro.
- Colour: The iPhone 14 and 14 Plus are available in Blue, Purple, Midnight, Starlight and (PRODUCT) RED. The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max are available in deep purple, gold, silver and space black. People who want a specific color might be limited.
- Battery life: In general, the bigger the phone, the bigger the battery. Apple says the iPhone 14 Pro Max will offer up to 29 hours of video playback, while the iPhone 14 will offer up to 20 hours of video playback. Other models fall somewhere in between. All models have fast and wireless charging options.
- Advertisement: The Pro models have an always-on display that keeps your lock screen on without having to “wake” it up. They also have a dynamic island feature that adapts to what you’re doing to offer more information.
- Speed: The Pro models use the A16 Bionic chip, an improvement over the A15 Bionic found in standard models. Both should be fast enough for most users, but the A16 Bionic has a slight edge.
- Price: Of course, your budget also determines which iPhone is best for you.
Buying a new iPhone 14 is not the only option. You can also buy used phones as soon as they become available to save significantly on the regular price.
You should be able to get a used iPhone 14 in a few months, but you might as well go back to the iPhone 13 to get one sooner and cheaper. There isn’t much of a difference between 13 and 14, so you can go back a model or two without missing out on much. The key feature you wouldn’t get with the 13 is the redesigned display on the Pro models. The 13 still has a similar camera system, size and processor, and you can find it for under $500.
Another way to save on a new phone is to trade in your old device, even if it’s cracked or in bad shape.
Buying a used iPhone 14 device
The iPhone 14 is an excellent device, but it’s also the most expensive iPhone out there right now. A great way to get the Apple experience or upgrade your phone without the high price tag is to buy used. Being so new, these phones aren’t on the used market yet, but we should see them in a couple of weeks.
At Gazelle we take the stress out of buying used equipment online. Say goodbye to contracts, misleading prices and dealing with strangers. With guaranteed compatibility and a 30-day return policy, you can have peace of mind when buying a used phone. Many devices even receive a 30-point test and the Gazelle Certified guarantee.
Shop used iPhones today to find the right device for you!