TITLE: Regional Operations Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAM: program operations
POSITION: Dakar (Senegal) with possible trips to country offices
CONTRACT PERIOD: 2 years
Level 3: The role owner has contact with children and/or young people either frequent (e.g. once a week or more) or intensive (e.g. four days in a month or more or overnight) because they work in country programmes; or attend country programs; because they are responsible for conducting police control/screening procedures personnel.
The Regional Operations Coordinator is a member of the WCA’s Program Operations Division. The purpose of the role is to provide basic operational and administrative support to the Regional Operations team (mainly the Regional Program Operations Director and the two Regional Operations Managers) in overseeing and supporting the country offices and the regional programs. Such support could include trips to country offices. This is an exciting role for a lower to mid-level INGO practitioner willing to learn and contribute to strengthening the operational platform and overall work of the Save the Children regional office. The incumbent should have general knowledge of program management, support and oversight.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reported at: Regional Operations Manager #1
Management of the dotted line: Regional Operations Manager #2 and Regional Program Operations Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 countries of the WCA (Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program operation support
- Provide full support to the Regional Program Operations Director and Regional Operations Managers in overseeing and managing Country Office Operations and regional programs through various assigned duties
- Participate in meetings and phone calls as needed and serve as minute taker and action tracker (weekly operations meetings, monthly project reviews, meetings with country office program operations managers, etc.)
- Assisting in the drafting of all key operational communications from the regional office to the country offices: weekly spend status updates, monthly status updates of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), etc.
- Gather, update and act as the custodian of all key operations improvement initiatives, guidance and tools within the Regional Operations department
- Coordinate with the other regional departments (Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Security, Program Development and Quality) requests/needs from the operations team
- Assist in coordinating regional and statewide program launches with all other regional functional departments and country offices as needed
- Participate in and review key project documents/reports and provide input
- Supporting the Regional Program Operations Director in coordinating key risk management processes at the regional level, such as: B. Updating, reviewing and consolidating country offices’ risk management plans, risk assessments to prevent aid diversion and assurance statements on behalf of the core operations team and supporting the preparation of risk management reports for Save the Children International headquarters
- Support for important recruiting processes in the area of operations and interface to the HR department (viewing of CVs, participation in committees, etc.)
- Create and maintain the regional roster of West and Central Africa operations talent in collaboration with country office program operations managers and the regional operations team
- Assisting in the onboarding process of new Save the Children employees to the operations team and its role
- Ensure strong coordination with all functions in the Regional Office to facilitate a smooth flow and exchange of information related to operational matters
- Manage information filing and archiving with Microsoft Teams or SharePoint
- Contribute to regional reporting on operational matters (regional quarterly reports or other regional reporting as required)
- Collect, interpret and analyze key performance indicators and benchmarks from country offices
- Create and maintain a folder of all important operational documents and act as a custodian
- Translation of documents in French or English
- Supporting the overall planner of the operations team (field visits, training, workshops, etc.)
- Administrative and logistical support (visas, airline tickets, hotel reservations, transport to/from the airport, daily allowances, expense reports)
- Facilitate the procurement of consumables for the operations team
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOR (our values in practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving Save the Children’s values and being an example to them
- Holds the team and partners accountable to fulfill their responsibilities – gives them the freedom to deliver as they see fit, provides the necessary development to improve performance and applies appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
Sets himself (and his team) ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for his own personal development and encourages others to do the same
Widely shares his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future-oriented, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and promotes new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, promotes openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of project management experience in the INGO/NGO environment is recommended
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly to a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with INGO/NGO program management, administrative and operational support in a regional office
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional and integrated teams
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, think and plan
- French spoken and written and good knowledge of English
- Familiar with the MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Knowledge of data analysis and presentation with different media
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s goals, values and principles, including rights-based approaches
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation
- Work experience in challenging and uncertain contexts and/or similar.
- Ability and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating under difficult working conditions.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities described above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be asked to perform additional tasks within their ability and experience.
The role holder is required to perform the duties in accordance with SCI’s Equal Opportunity and Diversity Policies and Procedures.
We must protect children, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Protection of our employees:
The job holder is required to comply with the obligations under SCI’s Anti-Harassment Policy
health and safety
The role owner must perform the tasks in accordance with SCI policies and procedures.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44MDkyOS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20