The Role: Senior Malaria Advisor
Save the Children is recruiting a senior malaria consultant for an anticipated USAID-funded project to strengthen Integrated Health Services (SIHSA) activity in Sierra Leone. This project will improve the quality of family planning, maternal, newborn and adolescent health and malaria services; promoting the adoption of critical health behaviors; and strengthening the leadership and governance of the Department of Health and Sanitation at both central and district levels.
Reporting to the Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party (TD/DCOP), the Senior Malaria Advisor ensures the technical implementation of effective, proven interventions that meet stated goals and reporting requirements. The post holder ensures the technical and methodological soundness of the activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, helps to plan and design a comprehensive malaria control programme. In addition, the incumbent will manage the implementation of key program activities in the target districts, oversee the work of the technical staff and ensure efficient technical and operational support to the project team. This position is subject to donor approval and funding. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A master’s degree in global health, public health or international development or a medical degree is ideal; Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least seven years of direct experience implementing malaria prevention and treatment programs at an international level, preferably in Sierra Leone or other West African countries.
- Proven technical skills in program design, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and research skills.
- Knowledge of malaria prevention and treatment programs is essential.
- Proven ability to manage complex multi-intervention health development programs in collaboration with national health ministries, international partners and local governorates.
- Proven ability to mobilize and coordinate partners around selected malaria intervention approaches and indicators.
- Commitment to the timely creation of high-quality project results and in a very time-sensitive environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge of USAID regulations and requirements.
- Ability to encourage teamwork and work as a team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of dealing with US government agencies, host country governments and other global and national stakeholders.
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 months
Closing date: October 12, 2022.
We employ around 25,000 people around the world and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises or in need of better healthcare, education and child protection. We also work at the highest level to make children’s rights a reality and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in treating children around the world by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education, namely
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great company and that our people play a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career and a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are valued.
Applicants are advised of this
Save the Children International does not ask for any payment or out-of-pocket expenses throughout the recruitment process and we do not tolerate dual employment. Any request in this direction should be made immediately
Please apply with a cover letter and a current CV in one document stating your salary expectations.
- Candidates should know that Save the Children is no longer used for job postings and should therefore apply using the link provided by Careers. sl.
- Applicants should include a copy of a valid employment ID with their application
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xNTYyOS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20